November 30, 2012

table centerpiece

I got a new table for my birthday in October  I wanted to do a new holiday centerpiece for the table.  I decided to go with non-traditional colors after i saw this beautiful pink poinsettia!



The stem had five flowers on it.  I simply bent the end up so that it would fit into the paint can that I use for my flower arrangements.  The paint can came from Lowe's (never used) they are less than $5 and in the paint supply section.  They do make a smaller size also. 



The pink poinsettia came from Jo-ann.  I found the green one at Michael's, a single stem but large, so I decided to incorporate them together.  I had left over pink tulle trim that I simply circled around the bottom.  I had a small gap on one side that I filled in with a pink cloth napkin and a white lace hanky.
one of my favorite hankerchieves has a red and green poinsettia that I hung over the handle of the paint can. 



It makes me happy to look at it, as should everything in our homes!!


A couple of years ago I made this bulb ornament wreath.  My husband proclaims that this is the prettiest thing I have ever made!

 
It is work, but not as hard as one might think!
 
Buy the ornaments ON SALE, because you do need a lot!
 
Now on to other holiday decorating!
 
Marietta
 

No comments:

Post a Comment