October 21, 2012

Ideas, ideas

Thanks to my friend Julie, I have gotten interested in pinterest.  There are so many lovelies on there!
It inspires me to make things!  Ideas, too many ideas can be overwhelming.  Where do you start? What do you want to do first?  Do you have what you need on hand, etc., etc., etc!

I had brought quite a bit of my mom's craft supplies back with me.  Buttons, doillies, ribbon roses, that sort of thing.  She does not craft that much any more and I like to have choices when I am making something.  Today I unloaded the items from the box  and put everything where it is supposed to go in the craft room.

I had also done some thrift store shopping while in Michigan.  Prices there, MUCH cheaper than here in Tampa.  I got a couple of cute slip dresses and short crocheted sweaters, to make a couple of outfits for my etsy shop.  In the shabby, boho, cowgirl style.  I started the dyeing process yesterday.  I love dyeing things.  I have used rit dye since I was a teenager, with great results.  Yesterday was NOT my day.
                                                                                                                                                              The color guide on the rit website steered me wrong.  Well I guess it can be the computer and my eyes, too!.  Was trying for olive green.  Used a combo of kelly green, lemon yellow and sunshine orange.  The color was NOT olive and the little underslip came out ORANGE!  If this had been my first dyeing project I probably would never have attempted it again!  The color did not take evenly either.  So, I started over.  Bleached the dress back to white.  Slip remained orange even after bleach.
So I cut the slip out.  I decided to go with a smoky lavender color instead.  And today it came out beautifully! 

So, I will make a list of what I want to make and start there!   My boss will be back in the office this week, so back to a normal routine- and being TIRED!  The list will probably be as far as the creating gets! :-)

Marietta

No comments:

Post a Comment